1. By using the Andalus Rihla website you agree to be
bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately
on your first use of the Andalus Rihla website. If you
do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms
please do not access, use and/or contribute to the Andalus
2. Andalus Rihla may change these terms from time to time
and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued
use of the Andalus Rihla website will be deemed acceptance
of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to
the changes, you should cease using this website. If there
is any conflict between these terms and specific local
terms appearing elsewhere on the Andalus Rihla website
then the latter shall prevail.
Use of the Andalus Rihla website
3. You agree to use the Andalus Rihla website only for lawful purposes,
and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone
else's use and enjoyment of the Andalus Rihla website. Prohibited behaviour
includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting
obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within
the Andalus Rihla website.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual
property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Andalus Rihla website
and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain
vested in Andalus Rihla or its licensors (which includes other users).
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer,
download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise
use the Andalus Rihla website content in any way except for your own personal,
non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative
work from any Andalus Rihla content except for your own personal, non-commercial
use. Any other use of Andalus Rihla content requires the prior written permission
of the Andalus Rihla.
5. The names, images and logos identifying the Andalus Rihla or third
parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights
and trade marks of Andalus Rihla and/or third parties. Nothing
contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right
to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Andalus Rihla or any other
Contributions to the Andalus Rihla
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics,
video or audio) with Andalus Rihla you agree to grant to Andalus Rihla, free
of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying
and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Andalus Rihla services
in any media worldwide (including on the Andalus Rihla's site accessed by international
users). In certain circumstance the Andalus Rihla may also share your contribution
with trusted third parties*.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that the Andalus Rihla can use your contribution, you confirm
that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does
not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give the Andalus Rihla
permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the
consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of
their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise,
but for operational reasons this is not always possible. Andalus Rihla may
need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation
to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks
or break any laws when creating content you may share with the Andalus Rihla.
11. If you do not want to grant the Andalus Rihla the permission set out above
on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with
the Andalus Rihla website.
Andalus Rihla community
13. In order to participate in and contribute to selected Andalus Rihla website
services you may be required to register with the Andalus Rihla website.
Any personal information supplied to bbc.co.uk as part of this registration
process and/or any other interaction with bbc.co.uk will be collected, stored
14. You agree to use the Andalus Rihla website in accordance with the following
(i) About your contributions:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking
part in the Andalus Rihla website.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission
of the same or very similar contributions many times.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
(ii) Your Andalus Rihla Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the Andalus Rihla
website or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
Andalus Rihla reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to
be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide
the use of multiple Andalus Rihla accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to
be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or
anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or
email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified)
in any area of the Andalus Rihla website.
(iv) Legal requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature
in or to the Andalus Rihla website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs
- Contributing material to the Andalus Rihla website with the intention of
committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with Andalus Rihla only contributions which
are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the
rights of the Andalus Rihla or third parties including copyright, trade mark,
trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you're under 16:
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in the
Andalus Rihla website.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant
local house rules) when taking part in or on the Andalus Rihla website, you
may or may not be sent an email which informs you why your contribution
has been refused or edited. If you are sent an email, this email will also
include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being
taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed
to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to
participate in the Andalus Rihla website.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to oron the Andalus
Rihla website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Andalus
Rihla website, and Andalus Rihla considers such behaviour to be serious and/or
repeated, Andalus Rihla may use whatever information that is available to it
about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing
relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about
Andalus Rihla reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action
against any Andalus Rihla account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
15. The majority of content posted in the Andalus Rihla website created by
Andalus Rihla members. The views expressed are theirs and unless
specifically stated are not those of Andalus Rihla. Andalus Rihla is therefore
not responsible for any content posted by Andalus Rihla members or for the
availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through
the Andalus Rihla website. Any links to third party websites from the Andalus
Rihla website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the Andalus
Rihla and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
16. Andalus Rihla website content, including the information, names, images,
pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Andalus Rihla,
is provided "AS
on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, Andalus Rihla
excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by
law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for
a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Andalus Rihla does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance
of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content
provided by Andalus Rihla is correct at the time of publication no responsibility
is accepted by or on behalf of Andalus Rihla for any errors, omissions or inaccurate
content on the website.
17. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes the Andalus Rihla's liability
for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the
previous sentence, Andalus Rihla shall not be liable for any of the following
losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable,
known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
(c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury
to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential,
special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Andalus Rihla website
regardless of the form of action.
18. Andalus Rihla does not warrant that functions available on the Andalus
Rihla website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected,
or that the Andalus Rihla website or the server that makes it available are
free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to
implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and
other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy
of data input and output.
19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
20. The failure or delay of Andalus Rihla to exercise or enforce any right
in these terms does not waive the Andalus Rihla's right to enforce that right.
21. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the
laws of Scotland which shall have exclusive jurisdiction
over any disputes.