In order to provide you with the full range of Andalus website functionality, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
* what information Andalus may collect about you;
* how Andalus will use information we collect about you;
* whenAndalus may use your details to contact you;
* whether Andalus will disclose your details to anyone else;
* your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The Andalus website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Andalus collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from the Andalus website, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address or date of birth.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Andalus to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will Andalus use the information they collect about me?
Andalus will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
* for "service administration purposes", which means that Andalus may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for.
* to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites.
* to personalise the way Andalus content is presented to you.
4. When will Andalus contact me?
Andalus may contact you:
* in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Andalus can deliver the services to you;
* where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
* in relation to any contribution you have made to Andalus;
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Andalus won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will Andalus share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within the Andalus organisation.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on the Andalus website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Andalus website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Andalus website, Andalus may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Andalus reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of Scotland (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Andalus may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. How long will Andalus keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the Andalus.
Where you contribute to the Andalus website Andalus will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Where possible, we will endeavour to inform you upfront or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely or pass it onto an approved historical archive.
10. Can I find out what personal information Andalus holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Andalus holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
13. Cookies Policy -Information Andalus collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Andalus website features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
211 New City Road